The quickest way to clean up a territory is to sweep it. The broom is suitable for the house, a small courtyard, steps, terrace. For large areas, it is best to purchase special equipment. It is called a sweeper-sweeper. What a janitor with a broom can hardly do in half a day, this technique will do in half an hour.
The harvesting machine is a moving wheeled unit equipped with a brush. Brushes are installed from below, or in front – rotary. They spin, sweeping the trash. Made of high strength hard nylon, wire or natural material. They perfectly sweep snow, leaves, sand from any surface.
Nothing complicated, as you can see, but, meanwhile, such a structure provides high speed and thoroughness of cleaning. It is applied for:
- closed premises: workshops, warehouses;
- fenced areas: parking, parking, sites;
- territories near enterprises and institutions: hotels, schools, offices, supermarkets, etc.
- streets, sidewalks;
- house territories.
The design can be complicated by various devices, including another rotating brush. This is a two-stage cleaning method that makes it possible to sweep with absolute cleanliness. The Karcher brand is the absolute leader in Europe in the production of cleaning equipment.
Types of Sweepers
The choice of a sweeping machine should begin by identifying the tasks that it must solve. It is necessary to take into account the size of the site or premises, the frequency of tasks and even the type of waste and the degree of pollution. The power and type of proposed equipment depend on this. These units are of three types:
Hand tools are completely mechanical. They need to be pushed in front of you, holding the handle. When moving, the brush begins to rotate. Mechanical appliances are ideal for home or garden. They are cheap, economical because they do not require electricity or fuel. Lightweight and compact. They are conveniently stored in a small closet. They cope with a small and not too polluted area.
Equipped with an electric motor. Autonomous, because they work not from the network, but from the built-in battery. Basically, such units also need to be moved on their own – they do not have a wheel drive. But the brush nozzle rotates, thanks to the energy of the battery, which provides much higher performance than manual ones. Dirt is collected in a special, plastic container. It is easy to remove and empty. The case is lightweight, plastic. The advantage of such units is the use in enclosed spaces. They work quickly and accurately.
Their price is high, depending on the type of battery. There are models on sale that do not include a battery. They are cheaper, but you should buy a high-quality battery, which is quite expensive. Tips for choosing a battery – the best is a lithium-ion battery that charges quickly, is immune to low temperatures and provides energy for at least 3 hours of operation. With it you get excellent stand-alone equipment, it is possible to use in a private house, office and at the enterprise.
The petrol drive is the most productive. Designed to clean areas outdoors. Used for medium and large areas. A full tank of gasoline is enough for 4-5 hours of operation. The resource of such equipment is the highest, as is its productivity and speed. These are functional and powerful units. Startup Type:
- Manual (cable) – in most models.
- Electric starter (by turning the key) – only for certain models from some brands.
Type of pollution – what kind of garbage should be cleaned
To remove areas of different sizes, you need to know the structure of pollution. Based on this, various types of machines are used.
- Vegetable (leaves, grass, branches) – you can choose any lawn sweeper, depending on the size of the site.
- Construction – we recommend gasoline. Since this is heavy and large debris, you will need a powerful unit with a rigid, wire bristle.
- Household – battery and mechanical devices that can work indoors will handle it. For fine dust, it is worth choosing a soft and thick pile. For cleaning carpets, a special carpet brush is used as a nozzle. Natural or soft artificial fibers. Keep in mind that sweepers are not floor cleaning. They do not wash the floor, but only sweep it.
- Snow is a better gas appliance. The snow sweeper makes it possible to attach a dump to it and clean a fairly high snow cover. Soft, freshly fallen snow 5-10 cm tall, sweep away with a stiff brush.
The speed of cleaning from dirt (productivity) is an important parameter. It is determined by some technical characteristics:
The width of the rig itself directly affects this factor. The wider it is, the greater the passage at a time and the higher the cleaning speed. But if there are a lot of obstacles on the site or its configuration is complicated, then you do not need a wide brush – you will not be able to get into a bottleneck.
At the same time, the speed of completing tasks increases if the equipment has:
- rotation speed adjustment;
- height adjustment.
For large volumes and flat overall dimensions, powerful devices with wide accessories are chosen. If the site is small, narrow, with elevations, steps – you need light and maneuverable devices with narrow nozzles.
The power of the installed motors is also important. Petrol drives from 4 to 5 hp good if you need to clean medium-sized areas. For heavy cleaning on large areas, choose more powerful – 5.5 -7 hp
Principle of operation
The method of operation of cleaning equipment is mainly traditional. The brush nozzle sweeps away dirt and waste, picks it up and transports it to a container.
There are three common sweeping principles:
- Notice. This is a direct supply of dirt directly to the waste bin. Very effective for large and heavy debris, such as construction waste.
- Throwing. Equipment throws garbage above itself into a container. More thorough cleaning, as it collects fine dirt well. The tank is located at the rear, which improves visibility. And it is filled from above, which makes it possible to use the entire volume of the container + “slide”.
- Suction. The most productive is the vacuum system. Airflow sucks the smallest dust inside. The vacuum is created by an impeller powered by a motor.
Drive – push or ride
Devices without a wheel drive push slightly in front of them. It is not burdensome if they are light and comfortable. As a rule, they have a smaller tank.
Wheel drive is the advantage of gasoline models. Firstly, it increases comfort, and secondly, the cleaning speed.
The most convenient units are with steering and operator seat. They have high performance, spacious waste bins. Sitting and operating the sweeping device is comfortable in all conditions.